Sunday, June 17, 2012

Outta Shape!

So today I had my good friend F. over for brunch - bacon and pancakes, fruit, juice. She had never had bacon together with pancakes before, and thought it was very odd. I was surprised! They are both breakfast food, so why wouldn't one have them together? In any event, she enjoyed the combination and the Canadian maple syrup. Then we went off for a hike up Mount Gillen. We were certain we wouldn't hike to the summit, as it is quite a hike and steep. Going with a full stomach was a bad idea...and for the first real hike this year, I was definitely out of shape. We made it nearly half way up. It was still a beautiful vantage point. Next week we will shoot for the summit, and have brunch AFTER the hike!








No comments:

Post a Comment

come on, tell me what you think!