Sunday, July 15, 2012

Beware of Racing Camels


 So yesterday I went to my first ever Camel Cup here in Alice Springs. I went with friends which is always fun and we tossed back some cans of XXXX beer in the warm winter sun. I'd never seen camels racing and it was hilarious! Camels were clearly not cut out for racing as they are hard to manage. Some want to simply turn around and go back the other way, some just want to hang out with the crowd, and some buck their rider and continue bucking long after the rider has been thrown, while others just trot along with no rider enjoying the run. Crazy! Camels are such funny creatures, it was a joy to see their personalities come out. There were tons of people too, it constantly amazes me at how many people turn out for events here when there seems to be something going on almost every weekend year round in Alice Springs. I love it!
the real camel toe





No comments:

Post a Comment

come on, tell me what you think!