Wednesday, January 30, 2013

South Australian Memories

beautiful sunset at Umuwa

me and my team near the SA border, bush road

camels hanging out in Amata

hanging in the shade

they really crowd in there!

camels on the move

kangaroo tails in the store fridges

beautiful mural on the store in community

wild horses in town

always packs of camp dogs looking for food

whirly whirl (mini tornado)

wild horses own the roads

see that tiny one in the back row!
Well I was rather cranky in my last post! The heat does that to me. Especially when it tops out at 47C and the air conditioner doesn't work. Things have cooled some, and I'm happy again. I couldn't get any of my photos off my camera when I was in SA as I brought my work computer, which didn't have a card reader. I'll remember that next time I go. So here are some memories of South Australia. We saw so many camels, well over a thousand, herds and herds of them, many grouped under the desert oaks as shown in the photo. We also saw several herds of wild horses, and dozens of donkeys. I saw a lizard on the road as well, big one, possibly a perente.

No comments:

Post a Comment

come on, tell me what you think!