Thursday, January 20, 2011

Interview is OVER!

Well, I had my final interview with the Australian government tonight and I think it went pretty good, even with the switch in times. The recruiter called before 8 this morning to tell me the interview dates had been mixed up. No one thought to confirm by who's calendar were they booking, as Australia is a day ahead...so when they realized their mistake, they started calling everyone. My interview was on Thursday night IN AUSTRALIA, so Wednesday night here. I didn't panic too much, as I felt almost over prepared.

Apparently they do NOT make the offer during the interview as I had been led to believe by the recruiter, but notify you in about 4 weeks. So another waiting game. I have resolved myself to just keep busy with other things and try not to obsess about whether I got the job or not and move on. When the call or letter comes, well and good. In the meantime, I have more than enough to keep me busy. It will be back to the book I'm working on for a few months until I find out.

The terms were as expected, and if I am successful in going, I hope to be flying to Oz in early May, working in Alice Springs, and hopefully on the Investigation team, which may require a great deal of travel, and I am up for that, as always. With no spouse, child, or pet to keep happy at home, I can be gone for days without issue, or weeks if need be. I'm up for just about anything at this point! Not having worked for the past several months has let me to realize one thing - I need to be busy and I need to be making a difference, so I need to be working. It doesn't matter much to me how much money I make in the end, but for now, I need to earn enough to finish paying off the very last of my student loans, and this position will surely do that for me. Then I can work in any position that I am happy in, regardless of pay, be it in Australia or otherwise.

I'm just relieved the interview is over, and I can ease up on the researching I've been doing for Australia - lately it's been just about all I can talk about, and I've surely driven my family and friends nuts with constant talk of Australia. I'm hoping I will be talking about my own experience there before too long, so fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

come on, tell me what you think!