Sunday, January 30, 2011

No News Is Good News...

Or is it. I haven't heard anything about my interview yet. The closest I have come was to find out they have chosen 5 of the 11 interviewed to offer positions. I am truly hoping that I am one of the five, but it is cause for concern. That's only 55 percent...my friend R. has also applied and she too is hoping to be one of the 5. The recruiter hopes to hear early in the week. I'll believe it when the word really comes. She's been wrong about a lot of dates and times. In the meantime, I've been tossing around back-up plans, and have applied to MSF to see what projects they have on the go that I could work with.

My friend R. and I have also been tossing around the idea of renting something together if we ended up in the same city. She has two kids so that will be a consideration, but it would be a good saving, and if we could rent something with a separate suite, even better. I found one with two "granny suites" in Alice Springs, and 3 bedrooms upstairs in the main floor of the house, which is what she needs. Who knows what might be available when she or I actually get there. She doesn't want to leave until the end of the school year, and is undecided about going in July or August. The Australian school year is completely different than here, so they are in full swing in July or August. They get a month off at Christmas as that is the very hottest time of the year.

So there you have it - no real news...but it could be good news. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

come on, tell me what you think!