Sunday, August 24, 2014

Preparing for China

In just 6 days I'll be heading to China to meet up with my daughter. I haven't seen her in 2 years and cannot wait! We're both very excited about exploring China together. I've been to Asia before, but not China and my daughter has never been to Asia. We've had a few bumps along the way as we prepared to go, but everything seems to be falling into place and we're set to head out on Friday. She doesn't arrive until Saturday, which was a bit of a slip-up - thought I had us both arriving on the same day but turns out I had us both leaving on the same day, only with the time difference, I leave the day before her.

I have to say, it's a bit scary to be flying internationally when there has been 3 planes either blown up or disappear in the past year, but I try not to dwell on this too much. I reckon when my time comes, it comes and there will be little I can do about it. At least I'm not flying with any of the airlines involved in the 3 planes.

I cannot wait to get away from work for a few weeks with someone who does not work in the field so I don't even have to talk about work if I don't want to! It's been super busy and quite stressful at work lately with a few of my cases, and I just finished up a 4 day trial this past week, and spent about 4 hours on the stand myself. First time since 2005, which is quite a stretch! Turns out it was like riding a bike - no problem. I thought I might get stage fright but I was just fine. Phew.

Spring is just around the corner here and we had a very nice day today, with temps around 20C for the first time in months. Beijing weather is still quite hot yet, but I'm hoping it tapers before we get there as it is the end of summer there. I'd be happy with a nice 24C during the day and 15C at night. We'll see how close it gets to that. At least I'm not travelling with someone who hates A/C like when me and my homegirl F went to Cambodia. She would be rugged up in flannel jammies, hooded sweatshirt, socks, hat, and both my blanket and hers while I sweated it out in shorts and a tank top.

I bring Dundee over to a friend's house on Thursday night. They have another cat there, a female, so hopefully they will get along and he'll enjoy a little vacation of his own. She has a big house for him to explore, and a big yard full of trees with birds to watch. She may even consider taking him when I move back to Canada next year.

So my backpacks are all packed up, and I just have to survive the work week - fly out first thing Friday morning!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, so exciting!!! I can't wait to see the pictures you post, sounds like quite an adventure!!! Enjoy your time with your daughter and travel safe.
    Jaime

    ReplyDelete

come on, tell me what you think!