Saturday, August 30, 2014













So I knew there would be some challenges with internet, but I had no idea it would be this tricky. There is free wifi at the hotel, but so far I have only been able to access email and nothing else. The pages just don't load. I can play my games okay, but I haven't been able to post from my blogger app. There is a way to email my posts in to my personal blogger email address, but I didn't think to look it up before I came to China and I can't get onto Blogger to find out what it is. They have computers to use for free downstairs in the lobby, but they are all in Chinese script and although I asked staff to change the language of the browser to English, they could not work out how to do this. Three different men tried to help me, and they even googled how to do it, but could not figure it out. I can google blogger, and it comes up with the search results but then I can't load any of the webpages in those results. Language will be a barrier for sure! I have emailed my sister to see if she can get into my account and find that address. Just had an email from her and she was able to upload my post about arriving here. I might have to get her to do that until I figure out how else I can do it myself. I think the Internet cafes in the city will be easier to use as most travellers who are not Chinese would want to click a browser button to change it to their language. I've always been able to do this in other countries - usually there is just a flag for countries and you just click the flag for your country and it will change to that language. Often English is associated with either a British Flag, or an American Flag. 

In any case, not the biggest deal. I'm on vacation and should just be enjoying being in China. I am pretty tired so might just lay down for most of the day and read while I'm waiting for Amber. Our current hotel is near the airport so not really into the city. I might go for a walk too, and hope I do not get lost!

No comments:

Post a Comment

come on, tell me what you think!