Sunday, June 19, 2011

Alice Springs Desert Park

     I went to the Alice Springs Desert Park this morning just after 8am with G. Locals can pay $20 entrance and it's good for a year, so if I take friends and family there, I don't have to pay each time. It was a great little park with enough to see in beautiful landscape and a gorgeous sunny day. It was very clean, and nicely laid out, with birds of every kind everywhere. We went to the Sunday market at Heavitree, but there wasn't much to it this week. It isn't peak season here right now, and it's cold in the mornings. Apparently it is the season of the Grey Nomads (yup, seniors in their campers). And the Grey Nomads don't spend much money locally. It seems to be the people that live here, and the backpackers that you see at the markets buying up stuff. Fine with me! I got a beanie (stocking cap) apparently a must-have in Australia. It's quite comfy and it does help keep your body heat in, especially with a big giant head like mine.
     Sat out in my courtyard with my friend F. for the afternoon, and then we broke for naps...she lives a couple of blocks down and we both retreated back to our lounges (living rooms). I'm on my way...fresh air makes me sleepy....





morning moon at the park

someone has pimped these rides! 
it almost looks like a finger pointing at the sky

grooming parrots

Australian Ringneck Parrot

these pine trees look like bottle brushes

these look like the stem speared them

very easy hike today...and that was fine!

termite mounds

almost looks like someone tried to peel these

Thorny Devil

Add caption

hey, I fit here right nice...

there was lots of nest building going on

Hi 'roo!


takin' some sun

hey guys

he was getting pretty close


No comments:

Post a Comment

come on, tell me what you think!