Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sunday Morning Bushwalking

     I went bushwalking again today, leaving at 7am to pick up my bushwalking buddy, G. We drove just under an hour out of town to Trephina Gorge where I tried to go before but had to turn back as I was driving a rental car, and needed my own 4x4. We saw two wallabies jumping across the road on the way there. There were three floodways with water in them, which were easy enough in the Nomad (my Rav 4). We then parked and sorted ourselves out, choosing the Panoramic trail today, which was about a 3km walk, so not far, but uphill the first 1km, so I was puffing and blowing by the time we summited. I carry a couple of puffers with me, so it clears up quickly. We had stunning views of the McDonnell ranges, and the valleys below. The weather was a bit cloudy at first, so we didn't get many blue sky photos, but as we were coming back down through the gorge, the clouds broke apart and the sun came through. We picnicked at the parking lot under the long-pole shelters with picnic tables. We were the only ones on the trail when we left but by the time we returned, the Troopies were pulling in everywhere to hit the trail.














     We've made plans for next weekend as well - camping at the Top Half Music Festival Saturday night and camping at the Finke Desert Races the following night. It's a long weekend this weekend with the Queen's birthday being celebrated (although her real birthday is in April). Inbetween the two destinations we are going to squeeze in a Sunday morning hike to yet another gorge - so many to explore!

No comments:

Post a Comment

come on, tell me what you think!