Saturday, June 18, 2011

A Typical Week in Australia

     There are never two weeks that are the same, but the pace and variety of is constant. My job keeps me busy enough on it's own, but the main office is also down several workers at the moment for a variety of reasons, like people leaving for other opportunities, off on recreation leave (vacation), off on sick leave - been some rotten winter colds making the rounds here, or off on training, as there often is with so many new recruits coming in this year, me included. I have more training to do on Monday...
     I worked overtime a couple of nights, nothing too late, but a couple of hours here and there. I also flew with my team to Ampilatwatja, which is northeast of Alice Springs. We stopped over for a couple of hours in the gorgeous sun, chatting with people throughout the town. The plane right was about 45 minutes compared to about 6 or more hours of driving if we took the rig.
the new stove!

stickers from home! 
ball feet
     Desk shopping was in order today and while I didn't find exactly what I was looking for, I came close enough for a good price. I also bought a beanbag chair. I bought the case separately with 3 bags of styrofoam balls which as it turns out, are not real easy to control. The lightness of the balls, combined with the static they carry in dry air, and we had a whole lotta fun goin' on.
     I also FINALLY got the new stove in on Thursday, and it's terrific! Austar was also here on Thursday and now I have satellite television - such an improvement on the 5 free channels that show mostly news and sports...
sunrise at the start line of Desert Race

the Grid Girls

Team #1 at the start line

     Tomorrow I'm headed to the Desert Park to see some animals, birds, plants, etc with my bushwalking buddy, G. We went to the Finke Desert Race start line last Sunday at the crack of dawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

come on, tell me what you think!