Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday Camel Riding

 I've been wanting to go camel riding since I first found out they have camels in Australia. There are actually thousands of wild camels in Australia and the ones we rode were caught and tamed. The one that I rode was caught in the Simpson Desert, southeast of Alice Springs. Her name is Trillion. She is the lead camel and the camels all know this. Damon was our guide, and being on the lead camel, we were able to ask him questions all through the ride. It was just for an hour and my assbones sure knew it by the time we returned. It was a terrific ride, and the camels were well behaved. Apparently they do NOT spit, that is llama's that spit. They didn't smell too bad, though the camel behind me that my friend K. was riding had terrible breath and a breathing problem, causing him to sound like either Darth Vader or Hannibal Lector...and did you know that it was camels that provided the voice for Chewbacca in Star Wars?
     The weather was beautiful, the sunset was lovely, and we had a great time. Australia rocks.













No comments:

Post a Comment

come on, tell me what you think!