Sunday, November 20, 2011

Australian Life

Newest tattoo - John Lennon font 

Santa and his kangaroos...

I can't believe the price of Coke here

found some real maple syrup yahoo!

Yup, kangaroo kebabs

I used to make these from scratch for years

I can't think of anything more disgusting

Dundee with his first lizard kill - already ate the tail

KD - so overpriced!

the gum trees lose their bark each year - who knew?

I've been busy these past weeks, many bush trips and more coming up. I was in Yuendumu, Yuelamu, Hermannsberg, Laramba, and Ti Tree last week. This week I'm heading to Papunya, Hermannsberg, and who knows where else! Love bush trips. 

Life in Alice Springs has been ticking right along. Got a new tattoo as pictured above from the local tattooist. The font is John Lennon's script, adapted from some of his own handwriting. Craig did a fantastic job, and it was so quick too, which always helps.

Dundee is busy being Dundee...racing around the apartment or chasing lizards in the courtyard. I let him out in the courtyard from time to time but he has to be closely supervised or he will abscond from the courtyard, up and over the fence. He sleeps well at night now, but this morning I didn't know he was so close to me on the bed when he walked by me and swished me with his whiskers - thought a HUGE spider just walked over my face...he is still actively chasing all bugs and eating them. He doesn't eat the bush cockroaches though, too big and crunchy I guess. He just likes to bat them across the floor or run around with them in his teeth. I dispose of them when I find them...flush...

The temperatures are heating up these days, with the hottest so far being 41C...thank goodness I have air conditioning at work, home and in my car. The nights are still pleasant though with temperatures in the 20s, or even in the high teens. Suits me just fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

come on, tell me what you think!