Sunday, November 6, 2011

Back to the Bushwalk

     After several weeks away from bushwalking I hit the trails again today, this time with my friend K., her son, and their two dogs. It wasn't very far, but what it lacked in distance it made up for in height as we went mostly straight up. Our hearts were pounding heavily but it was worth it for the view. This mountain is just barely outside of Alice Springs, off Ilparpa Road. We didn't start until about 9:30am and even then it was nearly too hot as the temperatures climbed into the mid thirties, about 34C. I think the next hike will have to be early morning, about 7am to escape the heat of the day.








     I didn't realize how much water was around until we saw from up on the mountain. Everywhere else seems so dry but these marshes have plenty of water for now. Well that was my workout for the day, heart is still pounding, but in a good way...now to relax in the air conditioning of my flat with Dundee...

No comments:

Post a Comment

come on, tell me what you think!