Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Australia Bound

Ticket is bought and I depart for Australia on Sunday night, arriving in Alice Springs on Tuesday afternoon. It will be a long couple of days, but nothing I haven't been through before. I once took 4 days to get home from Yellowknife to Grand Bruit. 2 days is nothing!

So now I'm busy packing, making my detailed inventory for the movers, doing last minute laundry, packing up food to drop off with friends, household stuff for either friends or the nearest charity shop, and a barrage of phonecalls to various places to cancel this, close this down, return that, etc. There is a lot to take care of, but I've been quite organized, as most of my friends know to be my style. I have a notebook that I've tabbed with all of the tasks at hand, and records of what I have done, and what is left to do. I'm nearly through it all, and will soon have my suitcases packed, once the laundry is done.

Stormy has found his new home, and settled in quite nicely. Now if I can sell my van, I'll be set. If it doesn't sell, I'll be leaving it behind with friends until it does. I've had a lot of interest, but no serious buyers and only low-ball offers. I am not giving it away, regardless of who you might think you are, or what pressure you might like to apply. I'd sooner give it to my friends in Victoria than to someone who  is simply trying to hustle me. I had another scammer contact me yesterday but soon told him what to do with his offer of paypal and his busy life, so busy that he could only squeeze in time to email me but not to ask any questions or come to see the van.

Things are coming together - by this time next Tuesday - I will be in Australia! G'day mate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

come on, tell me what you think!