Monday, April 4, 2011

Come Together...Right Now...Over Me

Well, things are starting to come together. Still no word from immigration and no update online to my file yet. When I login to check the status of my visa, it still says "Application commenced processing" from March 17th. I'm waiting to see at least "Application processing further" or "Applicant approved". I check the online status several times a day, as I know it can change just that quickly. I visit this website often as well ex-pats forum where folks from other countries have decided to make a life in a new country for awhile and become an "ex-pat", and chat about the process, challenges, triumphs, etc. I've been hanging out in the Australia forum, of course. There has been a running discussion about approval timelines for 457 visas, and some folks have gotten theirs within just a few weeks lately, through February and March, so I'm hopeful.

Stormy has found a new home, so I'm very happy about that hurdle being cleared. I wanted to find him just the right home where he would thrive and I wouldn't worry so much about him and I did. He has moved in with a couple of gals who live in Victoria, are yoga instructors, and the household seems rather relaxed and peaceful. So that portion has come together. I'm gonna miss the little guy, but it was something that had to happen in order for me to leave for Australia. One of the gals had done the exact same thing ten years ago - had to find a home for a black cat before leaving for Australia to work. Sounds like good karma.

Next on the list is to sell the Karma van. I've had a great deal of interest, but no offers yet. I have a gal in Vancouver who wants to come and take her for a test drive, so is looking into that this week. There is another guy who has emailed several times for more info as well. And last night, a total douchebag at my friend's place was trying to offer me a paltry sum for the van, hoping I was desperate enough to grab the cash and let him have it. Not so much. I do not make big decisions while under the influence of alcohol. Not to mention he was a total douchebag...or did I already mention that. He just came across as slimy, and was quite a lecherous mooch last night sucking up to anyone who had alcohol because his sorry self was too lazy and or cheap to buy or bring his own. And his offer was insulting, and he felt he could pressure me to jump at a quick sale because I was leaving for Australia soon. Sorry dude, that is SO not the right approach with me. I can smell douchebag for miles, and he had no idea how bad he stunk.

I have a back-up plan for the van should it not sell before I go - my friends will gladly park it in their back yard and continue to try and sell it for me after I go. They may even do some work on it to help ready it for sale. It would be nice to have it sold and have the cash before I go...but I am not giving it away either. I know it has value, and my mechanic backs me up on this. It will sell when it sells, and I have learned to be patient. Good things have generally happened to me when I've taken the time to be patient about making the big decisions. Like with Stormy. I had several emails and calls about him, including one 7am loser who left me a message. Seriously, who calls someone's house at 7am about an online ad? Not like it was for last minute tickets to a sold-out rock concert...but my point was, I thought I would be lucky to get any calls, and when they first started, most of them had big dogs, small children, weren't home much, couldn't guarantee stability, and one had a rock band that practiced at their house. I just didn't get a good read from any of them...and then the perfect home came along. Patience is a virtue and I've learned to practice this well over the past year or so, letting karma and fate take a larger role, and this has repaid me time and time again, assuring me I have been following the right path, taking the right approach.

Now I just need that work visa to come together, right now - FOR ME.

note: douchebag has become my new favorite insult, thanks to my lovely daughter and our shared admiration of Stewie, from Family Guy...

No comments:

Post a Comment

come on, tell me what you think!