Friday, March 2, 2012

And The River Flowed!

So I the Todd River began to flow last night JUST as I stepped onto the bridge to see if there was much water in the usually dusty dry riverbed and the river just started flooding like crazy, and with in 24 minutes, was flooded from bank to bank. It was just amazing to watch. I'm not sure how many days it will flow as it depends on the rain up north, but it's still raining today. This riverbed is normally dry for about 95% of the year and then if and when we get a big rain at the end of summer, the river will flow. There are many years that the river doesn't flow as it's just too dry. It's just so crazy to see so much water in the desert after such a dry and dusty summer. Magnificent! Check out my links in this post to youtube videos I took.














No comments:

Post a Comment

come on, tell me what you think!