Saturday, March 10, 2012

Ormiston Gorge

Today a friend and I drove out to Ormiston Gorge, which is about an hour and a bit out of town. I had never been, so was excited to finally get out somewhere new again. I was also hankering for a hike too after the long hot summer, so we hiked to the lookout and looked down over the gorge and other lands that spread out below. After the hike we went for a swim in the refreshing waterhole that was bottomed with sand for most of it.
     Ont the way there we went through several floodways with varying amounts of water, and so at one point I had my friend film me and the Rav 4 aka Nomad spashing through the water which is SO MUCH FUN! It's so nice to see water around again after such a long and dusty summer.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

come on, tell me what you think!