Friday, July 15, 2011

The New Kid in Town

Well, I picked up the new kid aka Dundee the kitty on Tuesday after work. He was neutered in the morning and I thought he might be a little groggy or slow but not a chance. He was raring to go and as soon as I brought him home, he was off and running. He ran around the apartment, smelling everything for the first time, rubbing himself against it. Within an hour he was cuddling and purring his motorthroat off (as Amber used to call it). He has to be about the cuddliest kitten I've ever had. He is very flirty, and rubs and rolls around all the time. That night in bed, he came right up on the bed like he'd always been there, and settled right in. Of course, he purred and purred and purred until I wanted to put earplugs in, but that has settled down. The first night was a bit rough because I was a little sore, and every single time I turned over, he woke up and started purring all over again. He would walk all over me, rubbing me in the face, hands, neck, whatever skin was exposed, purring all the while. It was a bit of a restless night...thankfully, this has settled right down and he just curls up for sleep at night and usually doesn't move much throughout the night, which suits me just fine. He's sitting on my desk right now next to my laptop, watching my fingers fly and the cursor move, ready to pounce...we have to work on that...
     He is super cute and I've left him alone in the flat by day, hoping he won't destroy anything and he's been soooo good. Nothing has been out of place, and he has had no accidents, using the litter box regularly. When I come home, he's usually under the blankets in my bed, having found the warmest place in the flat I reckon. He is sleek and handsome, and so very soft. I think I picked the right one, and am quite happy to have left that little bastard that bit me back at the pound...



     My cat bite finger has pretty much healed, though now I have two very noticeable dark scabs on my finger, padded side, which look very odd. The swelling has pretty much gone down, and I've finished one of the rounds of antibiotics and have just a few days left of the other. I can bend the finger again, yahoo. That'll teach me to befriend feral cats...

No comments:

Post a Comment

come on, tell me what you think!